This week, I'm joined by Chip Sudderth, to discuss Matt Smith’s first appearance in 2010’s The End of Time, Part 2. We discuss the wonder of change, the delightful exuberance of Matt Smith’s Doctor, and how we feel when the show moves on from the era we loved most.
You can follow Chip on Twitter at @2minutetimelord.Support Doctor Who: The Moment
- The End of Time (Doctor Who) - Wikipedia — The End of Time is a two-part Doctor Who story originally broadcast on BBC One on 25 December 2009 and 1 January 2010. This is the last story for lead actor David Tennant, who handed over the role of alien time traveller the Doctor to Matt Smith. It is also the last Doctor Who story written and produced by Russell T Davies. Davies was succeeded as executive producer and showrunner by Steven Moffat.
- Two-minute Time Lord — Concentrated Commentary on the Worlds of BBC's Doctor Who
- This Week in Time Travel — Longtime Doctor Who podcaster Chip Sudderth (Two-minute Time Lord) and essayist-podcaster Alyssa Franke (WhovianFeminism on Tumblr and Twitter) join forces for Doctor Who-related interviews, reviews and all the news that marked This Week in Time Travel.
- Reality Bomb Episode 041 — On the forty-first edition of Reality Bomb, we’ve got a blast from the past as Simon Fraser and Lori Steuart discuss the recent animated reconstruction of The Power of the Daleks. Also, the entire first season of Class is graded by Joy Piedmont and Robert Smith? And Chip Sudderth, ignoring the call from the Ood Sphere and avoiding his fate to rejoin Two-Minute Time Lord, finds a loophole in our “no podcasters” rule to talk about The End of Time, Parts One and Two. Plus: Bruce and Darren return on a time-travelling quest to find the missing episodes!
- Spotify: The Moment 2.01 — A collection of songs, loosely assembled around themes and topics discussed in this episode.