Season 2 Trailer and Announcement
June 30th, 2019
About this Episode
Each week on The Moment, I speak with a different guest about an individual moment in an episode of Doctor Who that means a lot to them. This trailer includes audio from upcoming episodes featuring guests Houman Sadri, Mikayla Micomonaco, Rachel T, Chas Lilly, Erika Ensign, Connie Gibbs, Deb Stanish, Chip Sudderth, and Sage Young. (It also features audio from Doctor Who, obviously.)
Season 2 of The Moment begins on July 3rd, 2019. As always, the best thing you can do to help support the show is to recommend it to someone you think might enjoy it. But this year you can also support the show with money, on Patreon. For now there are no special benefits associated with being a Patron, it’s just a way for you to support the show if you’re interested, But when I reach $50 per episode, I’ll start doing bonus episodes every two months, and I might add other goals or rewards in the future.
Please note that the Moment’s Patron does charge per episode, some Patreons charge per month, but this one is going to charge you each time I put out a regular non-bonus episode of the show. So that should be once a week for thirteen weeks, and then not at all, for a few months, until the show starts again for season 3. I did that because I didn’t want it to charge anyone for months when the show is not being produced. And if you would like to support the show but don’t want to make it a recurring thing of it, you can head over to Ko-Fi and do that there. I want to stress that the show is free, and it will always be free, and you do not need to pay for it unless you want to. If you do choose to throw a little money my way, know that I am grateful.
However, regardless of whether you choose to support the show on Patreon, please also use your money to support causes that make a real difference in the world. I suggest donating to an organization like the American Civil Liberties Union, or the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services. You may recall that the first episode of The Moment ended with an editorial about the crisis at the southern US border, and in the year since then things have not gotten any better. And if you’re looking for something else to do with your money then might I suggest you donate to organizations that support transgender rights, like Mermaids UK, which advocates for transgender youths in the UK, and the Transgender Law Center, an org that advocates for trans rights laws and policies in the US. Trans folks are a vital part of the Doctor Who fan community, and in the past month or so, there have been some rather distressing instances of people with platforms in that community spouting bigoted, transphobic rhetoric or normalizing transphobia. And a recent report from the BBC, indicating that anti-transgender hate crimes across the UK are up 81% from where they were two years ago, serves as a reminder of the consequences that this rhetoric can have, and the reason it’s important to protect our transgender friends in the Doctor Who fan community and the world at large.
Like I’ve said in the past, my primary goal for the Moment is not to serve as a political soapbox. But the Second Doctor said it best: “There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things that act against everything we believe in. They must be fought.”
That’s all for now, follow the show at @themomentpod on twitter, support the show on Patreon
And stay tuned, because season 2 will be with you, in a Moment.Support Doctor Who: The Moment
- American Civil Liberties Union — For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States.
- RAICES – Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services — RAICES is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that promotes justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families, and refugees.
- Mermaids UK — Mermaids is passionate about supporting children, young people, and their families to achieve a happier life in the face of great adversity. We work to raise awareness about gender nonconformity in children and young people amongst professionals and the general public. We campaign for the recognition of gender dysphoria in young people and call for improvements in professional services.
- Transgender Law Center — Transgender Law Center (TLC) is the largest national trans-led organization advocating self-determination for all people. Grounded in legal expertise and committed to racial justice, TLC employs a variety of community-driven strategies to keep transgender and gender nonconforming people alive, thriving, and fighting for liberation.
- BBC News: Transgender hate crimes recorded by police go up 81% — The number of transgender hate crimes recorded by police forces in England, Scotland and Wales has risen by 81%, latest figures suggest. Data obtained by the BBC showed there were 1,944 crimes across 36 forces in the last financial year compared with 1,073 in 2016-17.
- Ko-fi ❤️ Buy The Moment a Coffee — Ko-fi helps creators get support from people who love what they do. If you would like to support The Moment without committing to a recurring transaction, this is where you can do that.