2.04 - Saved her!
July 24th, 2019
30 mins 30 secs
About this Episode
This week, Joy Piedmont sits in as host and gives me, your usual host Tom Dickinson, an opportunity to talk about my own moment from 2008's Forest of the Dead. We examine the timey-wimey nature of River's storyline, the Twelfth Doctor's role in a story that was produced years before he ever appeared on-screen, and what it means for the Doctor to be the person who saves people.
You can follow Joy on Twitter at @inquiringjoy, and you can follow me at @NowWeAreAllTom.Support Doctor Who: The Moment
- Forest of the Dead - Wikipedia — "Forest of the Dead" is the ninth episode of the fourth series of British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It was first broadcast by BBC One on 7 June 2008. It is the second of a two-part story; the first part, "Silence in the Library", aired on 31 May.
- The Chapter Titles Were So Good — a podular broadcast (or "pod cast") about the harry potter series
- Reality Bomb – the world's most dangerous Doctor Who podcast — Reality Bomb is a monthly podcast exploring the world of Doctor Who and its fans, produced and hosted by Graeme Burk and Joy Piedmont. Doctor Who Magazine described Reality Bomb as having “aspirations towards the editorial and production quality of National Public Radio.” The podcast is a magazine show that features different segments– ranging from interviews to sketch comedy to spoken word to music and more — where fans explore current events and fascinating issues in the world of Doctor Who and its fandom.
- Time Can Be Rewritten: Meddling and Morals - YouTube — Is it possible for the Doctor to change history? Wait, never mind that. Is it ETHICAL? An examination of Doctor Who through the lens of moral philosophy. This is adapted from a presentation I gave at Gallifrey One 2019, as part of the Academic Track.
- The Moment 2.04 on Spotify — A collection of songs, loosely assembled around themes and topics discussed in season 2, episode 4 of Doctor Who: The Moment.